Advanced Rocket Engine Design
1 Year Commercial License:
$3,999.00 USD per user
Renewal Price (annual)
When we recognized a gap in rocket engine design software between chemical equilibrium analysis methods and complex modeling and simulation, we set out to develop a solution. Our answer is REDTOP-Pro, a powerful application with 19 available cycle configurations, over 100 input parameters, and even more component level output parameters. In spite of its depth of analysis, REDTOP-Pro was developed from the ground up to be design oriented, with flexible modes of execution and more robust behavior than a typical simulation code.
How does it work?
A wide variety of input parameters are available to define the engine cycle, propellant combination, and configuration details of your choice. REDTOP-Pro uses these inputs to analyze flowpath characteristics at a component level, including combustion chamber(s), pump(s), turbine(s), valve(s), injector(s), heat exchanger(s), and nozzle(s), depending on the cycle. A power balance of the turbomachinery hardware is performed to obtain the user-specified and desired chamber pressure. Additionally, the user may opt to match a desired thrust level or nozzle geometric area.
REDTOP-Pro version 2.24 was released in March 2015 and incorporated the following updates:
- Improved internal optimizer performance and robustness
- Improved tap-off cycle balance procedure to enhance realism and provide better differentiation from gas-generator cycles
- Added additional options to gas-generator cycle inputs
REDTOP-Pro offers several features to enhance your analysis capability.
- A top-down reliability assessment including mean time between failure (MTBF) is performed as part of every analysis run
- Preliminary engine development and production cost estimation (U.S. Government customers only)
- An expandable propellant database means that if the default set of fuel and oxidizer chemicals doesn’t contain your desired species, you can simply add it
- REDTOP-Pro is built for design, and that means flexible execution options to suit your process. You can run a single case in the GUI, a batch operation from the command line, or tightly integrate the program in your design flow using the included wrapper for Phoenix Integration’s PHX Modelcenter(r) product
ITAR stands for International Traffic in Arms Regulation. It is a U.S. law intended to reduce the proliferation of weapons and weapons technology. Our REDTOP-Pro software is subject to ITAR and as a result cannot be distributed to foreign nationals without an export license.
For more information, please visit the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls website.
REDTOP-Pro software is sold under an annual renewable license. The initial purchase of the software entitles the customer to one (1) year of REDTOP-Pro use, along with access to any updates or bug fixes released during that calendar year. A software maintenance fee is due annually thereafter on the anniversary of the initial purchase in order to continue using the product.
Operating System Requirements:
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP
- Run from a windows GUI or via command line.
- Text-based input and output files permit easy scripting for automated execution.