Advanced Rocket Engine Design
1 Year Commercial License:
$3,999.00 USD per user
Renewal Price (annual)
When we recognized a gap in rocket engine design software between chemical equilibrium analysis methods and complex modeling and simulation, we set out to develop a solution. Our answer is REDTOP-Pro, a powerful application with 19 available cycle configurations, over 100 input parameters, and even more component level output parameters. In spite of its depth of analysis, REDTOP-Pro was developed from the ground up to be design oriented, with flexible modes of execution and more robust behavior than a typical simulation code.
How does it work?
A wide variety of input parameters are available to define the engine cycle, propellant combination, and configuration details of your choice. REDTOP-Pro uses these inputs to analyze flowpath characteristics at a component level, including combustion chamber(s), pump(s), turbine(s), valve(s), injector(s), heat exchanger(s), and nozzle(s), depending on the cycle. A power balance of the turbomachinery hardware is performed to obtain the user-specified and desired chamber pressure. Additionally, the user may opt to match a desired thrust level or nozzle geometric area.
REDTOP-Pro version 2.24 was released in March 2015 and incorporated the following updates:
- Improved internal optimizer performance and robustness
- Improved tap-off cycle balance procedure to enhance realism and provide better differentiation from gas-generator cycles
- Added additional options to gas-generator cycle inputs
REDTOP-Pro offers several features to enhance your analysis capability.
- A top-down reliability assessment including mean time between failure (MTBF) is performed as part of every analysis run
- Preliminary engine development and production cost estimation (U.S. Government customers only)
- An expandable propellant database means that if the default set of fuel and oxidizer chemicals doesn’t contain your desired species, you can simply add it
- REDTOP-Pro is built for design, and that means flexible execution options to suit your process. You can run a single case in the GUI, a batch operation from the command line, or tightly integrate the program in your design flow using the included wrapper for Phoenix Integration’s PHX Modelcenter(r) product